Tuesday 25 June 2013

I can wear lavender all day! (www.lizjacob.com)

Most of the toddler dresses I have created so far have been in pastel shades. This time around I wanted to try something more colorful. I chose a deeper shade of material from the lavender color family (one of my favorite color tones) and decided to contrast it with a white panel painted with just wild flowers. Fabric paints look most vibrant on white, so I can't resist adding whites to my designs :-)

After looking at the tailored piece, I felt the need for something bold and striking on the top portion of the dress. I went through my kitty and found lovely laces in multiple lavender shades and voila, there came the idea of creating a detachable lace flower for the dress. In my opinion, it worked well... adding a bit of sophistication to the dress.

Now, can't wait to see the dress on a pretty princess :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment